Thursday, May 22, 2008

Good ride

Dreamy is such a good mare. :) We had a great ride tonight. I almost thought I was not going to get to ride.....as it began to rain/thunder during dinner. :( But 20 minutes later, the sun was out. Gotta love spring showers.

She was so forward and relaxed and SOFT! For the first time she is actually accepting contact all of the time! (Well, except right after her canter to the left, as that is when she wants to ignore all aids and blow through my half halts. Oh joy.) It is amazing what "Riding Correctly" can do for your horse! LOL! :D I knew I was the one holding her back and I am happy I am fixing my bad habits....mostly my elbows and hands.

I put my stirrups up one hole. Seemed to help my leg a bit. This set-back stirrup bar thingy feels weird. Hopefully after a while I can put my stirrups back to where they need to be.

The satisfaction of a good ride is like nothing else. :)

No comments: