Sunday, May 25, 2008

Nickers

As of the end of this month, I will have owned Dreamy for 5 years. :)

She has never "talked" to me....whinny, nicker, snort, nothing. Sparky nickers to me all the time; actually she does it every time I enter the barn. She especially nickers at feed time, of course! ;-)

So I am walking out of the house yesterday mid-morning and headed to the barn. Dreamy is watching me (she is in the front paddock/pasture) like she always does. All of a sudden, she NICKERS! It was so cute! LOL! It is funny, but after 5 years I figured she would never be a talker like Sparky. But she finally did it.

And then today, she nickered a couple of times. Not every time I stepped out of the house like my other girl, but enough that I know it was not a fluke yesterday.

Ah, it is funny how us horse people get excited over something like this. My husband thinks I am foolish. But I like that she is now "communicating" with me.

Watch.....now she will not do it again! ROFL!

No comments: