Anyway, despite being tired, Dreamy was great. I limited our warm up to not over stress her. I do think she was a bit stiff behind. I was bummed about that (because I had allowed it to happen....and as I said won't happen again) but she was fine. She had both Monday and Tuesday off to recuperate.
We placed second in Intro B with a 66.500% (out of 4 riders). Then we placed 3rd in Training 1 with a 59.100% (out of 5 riders). YAY! I was so pleased with our progress at Training 1 this year. We have gone from a 53.something% up through to the 59.1%. Almost a 60%!!!! All 7s and 6s, with just two 5s. Nothing less than the two 5s! :)
Waiting for pics from the photographer....she told me that she was impressed with Dreamy's progress, especially at the canter. The last time she saw her was in May 2008.
We have six events left this year.....
- Sept. 14 - Horse trial at Modified Beginner Novice (with a WTC dressage test.....Beginner Novice A)
- Sept. 20 - A clinic with Susanne Hamilton at my instructor's farm
- Sept. 28 - The STB Nationals...in New Jersey!!!!!!!
- October 5 - Another horse trial at Modified Beginner Novice (maybe)
- October 12 - Marshaling at Scarborough Downs
- October 19 - Last SMDA fun show....it is a ride-re-ride with Keith Angstadt.