Skip to main content

Wentworth Hunter Pace - June 6, 2021

After Margaret and I had such a fun time at the fall hunter pace, we opted to go again this spring! This time, while I rode Rejoice again, Margaret rode her horse Jester and had a friend ride Ladyhawke. All Kennebec Morgans!! Jester and Rejoice have the same dam and Jester and Lady share the same sire. Unfortunately instead of a lovely late spring day, we had one of the first intensely hot and humid days of the year. It was definitely a bummer, but the ride was mostly in the shade of the woods and we had a great time!  most of the fences were 3' coops but we found a small log and this hay to jump haha Until we didn't. 😑 We brought along a third friend who rode Margaret's older mare, Ladyhawke. She's a good rider but hasn't known Ladyhawke for very long and didn't realize how much of a cranky boss mare she could be at times. She kicked Jester right in the front leg just about halfway through the ride, and while the cut itself ended up not being a big deal in the

Crazy Life

My horse thinks she is retired. LOL!

Between the end of the quarter grading and getting my hay in, this week has been out of control busy and stressful, so no riding for me. :(

I was supposed to have a lesson this past Saturday, but I got a call on Friday afternoon that the hay I was to buy was here from NY, so I absolutely had to cancel my lesson and drive to get the hay on Sat. morning. Of course, had the 350 bales of hay I bought this summer not MOLDED (grrrr.....that is not a story I feel like reliving right now, as it makes me SO MAD!) I would NOT be getting hay IN ALMOST NOVEMBER!!!!!

But alas, I did need to get new hay. So the 191 bales we brought home on Saturday (home at 2PM....oh how fun....nothing like it taking FOUR hours!!) are just gorgeous. The mares love it and I love it. It actually smells like HAY and there is NO WHITE MOLD GROWING ON IT! AHHHHH, how pleasant!! I never realized how stressed out this entire hay ordeal was making me. Now I feel so much better, as though I can sleep again! The plan was to get the remaining 59 bales tomorrow, but it seems that it is going to rain tomorrow. SO I guess the hay will wait until Wed.

So in the meantime, I have 100+ bales of CRAP hay to sell as mulch. I have to get it out of the barn pronto! Ad is in Uncle Henry's and I am praying someone comes along and buys it all.

I will write more later this week when life slows down. This Saturday marks the start of hunting season....I will officially become a hunter's widow, which is my payment for all the horse shows all spring, summer, and fall. :) It is all good, just makes squeezing in rides (and maybe a lesson????) that much harder.

Comments