Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Pics from the UNH TSAS Combined Test

Here are pics from the combined test.

Enter at A. (Beginner Novice Test A)


Dreamy looks fine, but I am such a HUNT SEAT RIDER! I wish my folks had started me back when I was six in dressage instead of hunt seat. With no stirrups. For at least two years. LOL!


Canter not bad, but I need to SIT UP!


Back to the trot.

Right lead canter is weaker. I am sitting up better but what happened to my reins??

Getting ready to trot up the center line.

Walk. Halt. Salute.

Good mare!

Stadium. A slight hesitation before fence 2. I thought is was a vertical, but looks like an oxer to me!


Fence 5.

Good mare! Fourth out of seven!

And this is my mare just 2 seconds after turning her out at home. She simply CANNOT be clean even for a second!

LOL!

3 comments:

OnTheBit said...

I love it! All of it! I know you were not thrilled with 4th, but I was for you! Could you imagine last year going out in April, doing a w/t/c test, jumping a course with most of the jumps at 2'3" with combinations and doing well? Yeah, I didn't think so. This is your STARTING point for the year! And I think you are starting at a pretty great place!

STB Eventer said...

OTB - I am definitely happy with fourth! And you are SO RIGHT.....last year at this time we did not even HAVE a canter and jumping that high with 2-3 stride combinations would have NOT happened. Sometimes it is easy for me to get down on myself for not "doing better" (whatever THAT is), but when I put things in perspective (thanks for that! LOL) I realize how far we have come! That was the main reason for this blog: to look back and see our progress.

It must have been the stock tie pin AND the bridle charm. I used both of course! Dreamy thought her charm looked great on her bridle...she is DEFINITELY more of a diva than I will ever be. ;-D

Now That's A Trot! said...

Great job! You guys look good! And like OTB said, not a bad way to start the year.