Tomorrow is technically the last day I am supposed to be here, but I took a personal day. Seeing as I have not actually taught a student since May 19 (my seniors' last day of classes) and I am giving no underclassmen finals this week, I felt OK asking for the day. I told my boss exactly why I was asking for it off, and reminding him that I would NEVER do it if I taught underclassmen. He was 100% supportive of granting my personal day! :)
So, the reason is because I am showing this weekend at the Downeast Congress Horse Show in Skowhegan, ME. It is the Maine Horse Association's 30th annual Downeast Show, and it is a Class "A" double judged pleasure ring and a double judged hunter ring. That means TWO sets of ribbons! WHOOOOOOOOO! Click here for more info......scroll down for the show.
Dreamy and I are doing numerous classes over the three days:
- Dressage Suitability (FRI)
- Standardbred in Hand (SAT)
- Standardbred Pleasure (SAT)
- Standardbred Equitation (SUN)
- Standardbred Pleasure Championship (SUN)
- Hi Lo Judged Warm Up (SAT)
- Easy Does It Hunter Over Fences (SAT)
- Easy Does It Hunter Over Fences Championship (SAT)
- Easy Does It Hunter Under Saddle (SAT)
I should have lots of photos and lots of news to share when I get back on Sunday night. Though I will probably wait until Monday/Tuesday to post!