Thursday, June 18, 2009

Gearing Up to Show THIS WEEKEND!

I am at school right now....my last day!  I am SO ready for summer and more than a little bored to be sitting here!

Tomorrow is technically the last day I am supposed to be here, but I took a personal day. Seeing as I have not actually taught a student since May 19 (my seniors' last day of classes) and I am giving no underclassmen finals this week, I felt OK asking for the day.  I told my boss exactly why I was asking for it off, and reminding him that I would NEVER do it if I taught underclassmen.  He was 100% supportive of granting my personal day!  :)

So, the reason is because I am showing this weekend at the Downeast Congress Horse Show in Skowhegan, ME.  It is the Maine Horse Association's 30th annual Downeast Show, and it is a Class "A" double judged pleasure ring and a double judged hunter ring.  That means TWO sets of ribbons!  WHOOOOOOOOO!  Click here for more info......scroll down for the show.

Dreamy and I are doing numerous classes over the three days:

  • Dressage Suitability (FRI)
  • Standardbred in Hand (SAT)
  • Standardbred Pleasure (SAT)
  • Standardbred Equitation (SUN)
  • Standardbred Pleasure Championship (SUN)
  • Hi Lo Judged Warm Up (SAT)
  • Easy Does It Hunter Over Fences (SAT)
  • Easy Does It Hunter Over Fences Championship (SAT)
  • Easy Does It Hunter Under Saddle (SAT)
Also we are doing a demo on Friday night at 6:45.  :)

I should have lots of photos and lots of news to share when I get back on Sunday night.  Though I will probably wait until Monday/Tuesday to post!  

3 comments:

Kate said...

Good luck at the show!

AareneX said...

I'm so jealous--we don't have very many Standardbred events, here! I have to haul up to Canada to play with other standies.

Take lots of pictures, and I'll be cheering for you!

Standardbreds can Canter said...

Best of luck I can't wait to see the pictures and results. Congratulations for getting a lesson with Lendon, I can't wait to hear about your lesson.