Skip to main content

Wentworth Hunter Pace - June 6, 2021

After Margaret and I had such a fun time at the fall hunter pace, we opted to go again this spring! This time, while I rode Rejoice again, Margaret rode her horse Jester and had a friend ride Ladyhawke. All Kennebec Morgans!! Jester and Rejoice have the same dam and Jester and Lady share the same sire. Unfortunately instead of a lovely late spring day, we had one of the first intensely hot and humid days of the year. It was definitely a bummer, but the ride was mostly in the shade of the woods and we had a great time!  most of the fences were 3' coops but we found a small log and this hay to jump haha Until we didn't. 😑 We brought along a third friend who rode Margaret's older mare, Ladyhawke. She's a good rider but hasn't known Ladyhawke for very long and didn't realize how much of a cranky boss mare she could be at times. She kicked Jester right in the front leg just about halfway through the ride, and while the cut itself ended up not being a big deal in the

A neat find...

My husband found this bird's nest in one of the side lawn trees. It was empty, so the little ones have already hatched and flown away.


Normally, I would not appreciate a bird's nest, seeing as I would have wanted him to leave it in the tree. But if you look closely, you can see why he brought it to me to keep.


Yes, that is my Sparky's tail hair in the middle of the nest! How cool! :)

Comments

  1. Very cool and definitely worth keeping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww...I love it! And I have been waiting for a Sparky update for a while now. Dreamy is stealing the spotlight!

    oh and you have to come to Jersey for the 2010 GAIGs if you want to share a tack stall. You could not pay me to show in region 8!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!