Skip to main content

Wentworth Hunter Pace - June 6, 2021

After Margaret and I had such a fun time at the fall hunter pace, we opted to go again this spring! This time, while I rode Rejoice again, Margaret rode her horse Jester and had a friend ride Ladyhawke. All Kennebec Morgans!! Jester and Rejoice have the same dam and Jester and Lady share the same sire. Unfortunately instead of a lovely late spring day, we had one of the first intensely hot and humid days of the year. It was definitely a bummer, but the ride was mostly in the shade of the woods and we had a great time!  most of the fences were 3' coops but we found a small log and this hay to jump haha Until we didn't. 😑 We brought along a third friend who rode Margaret's older mare, Ladyhawke. She's a good rider but hasn't known Ladyhawke for very long and didn't realize how much of a cranky boss mare she could be at times. She kicked Jester right in the front leg just about halfway through the ride, and while the cut itself ended up not being a big deal in the

Rain sucks....but I got my UNH times!

This rain just completely and utterly sucks. It is so wet outside, and I feel like I am going to start growing mold. UGGGG. The worst part is that the footing in my "ring" is not that great after this many days of rain. AHHHH!

So, I gave Dreamy Monday off, of course. I wanted to take a lesson last night, but between my husband unable to get home in time for me to use the truck AND the rain, I cancelled it. I am hoping to try again tonight, but he just called and said he had a break down and was not sure he would be home by 5PM. Oh well....it will probably just rain anyway.

I did ride last night for 45 minutes in the drizzle. I did just a light dressage work out, nothing too hard. She was quiet and relaxed, coming right into steady contact! Yay! She did not feel stiff, but she did feel a little tired. We did some lateral work, trot-canter-trot transitions, and long and low trot. Her canter transitions both up and down were fabulous. No pace.

If I do not get to take a lesson tonight, I will just ride her lightly again. I want to do some of the test movements for this weekend's show. Ah yes, we are off to UNH for their dressage show.

Here is my ride schedule:

Friday
8:42 AM Training 2
9:45 AM Training 4

Saturday
8:57 AM Training 2
2:49 PM Training 4

I love the fact that I will be home by noon on Friday. Granted, I have to leave here around 6AM. But Saturday kind of sucks! I have to wait SIX HOURS between my tests!!! Good lord! I am not getting a stall, because UNH is close enough to trailer in to both days. So anyway, I am hoping for decent footing, good weather, and 60% or above tests! Send some good energy our way!

At least the rain is making the pastures grow out of control grass! If it ever dries up, we can mow it with the tractor and it will look amazing. This is Dreamy the day before we left for the Downeast show (last Thursday).

Who, me, spoiled? LOL!

Comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!