Skip to main content

Wentworth Hunter Pace - June 6, 2021

After Margaret and I had such a fun time at the fall hunter pace, we opted to go again this spring! This time, while I rode Rejoice again, Margaret rode her horse Jester and had a friend ride Ladyhawke. All Kennebec Morgans!! Jester and Rejoice have the same dam and Jester and Lady share the same sire. Unfortunately instead of a lovely late spring day, we had one of the first intensely hot and humid days of the year. It was definitely a bummer, but the ride was mostly in the shade of the woods and we had a great time!  most of the fences were 3' coops but we found a small log and this hay to jump haha Until we didn't. 😑 We brought along a third friend who rode Margaret's older mare, Ladyhawke. She's a good rider but hasn't known Ladyhawke for very long and didn't realize how much of a cranky boss mare she could be at times. She kicked Jester right in the front leg just about halfway through the ride, and while the cut itself ended up not being a big deal in the

The Zombie Chicken Award


Yay!  The Zombie Chicken Award!  This award was bestowed upon me by my fabulous blogger friend On The Bit.  The Blogger who receives this award believes in the Tao of the Zombie Chicken – excellence, grace and persistence in all situations, even in the midst of a zombie apocalypse. These amazing bloggers regularly produce content so remarkable that their readers would brave a raving pack of zombie chickens just to be able to read their inspiring words. As a recipient of this world-renowned award, you now have the task of passing it on to at least 5 other worthy bloggers. Do not risk the wrath of the zombie chickens by choosing unwisely or not choosing at all…

She wrote the following about her reasons.....

Standardbred Excellence is my third recipient. Just reading about her mare’s COPD makes me twitch with stress! Yet this very cool woman hardly seems phased by it. She just takes things in stride and making sure that her mare is the best she can be. She also is much braver then I am right now because she has already taken her “non-traditional dressage horse” to recognized shows this year! And done well at them! If anyone could inspire zombie chickens I know she could! If she can make taking care of her two lovely mares during a Maine winter seem like fun those zombie chickens would totally have to show some respect!

So thanks On The Bit!  :)  Hopefully this will inspire me to BLOG something now that my life is back to normal AKA my seniors have graduated and my last day of school is June 18!!!!  WHOOOO!

Comments

  1. Anytime! You totally deserve it! And I love my writing...haha...too bad I didn't have an english teacher like you when I was growing up!! I am so jealous that you are done! We still have kinds until the 19th!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm not really done. My kids graduated June 7, but I am here until June 18. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Technically, June 19....but I took a personal day on Friday to be at a show! LOL! :D

    Where do you teach???? I did not know you were a teacher!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!