Friday, January 8, 2010

2010 Goals

I am super excited for 2010! I have a lot of fun things planned, and I am looking forward to being able to use my own truck this year for lessons, shows, etc! I have many goals and ideas for what I want to accomplish this year. I am just writing down the basic equine goals.....that is really all I want to share here on the blog. :) It seems like a TON now that I write it down. I have to remember that not all goals HAVE to be met by December. LOL! There is always next year!

Sparky
  • Keep her healthy, happy, and sound
  • Ride/drive her lightly
Dreamy
  • Keep her healthy, happy, and sound
  • Continue to show at recognized dressage shows, a few of the MHA hunter shows, and perhaps a three phase event or two
  • Compete for the third year in a row at the Standardbred Nationals in August
  • Take at least 2 lessons per month with Judy, preferably more if possible
  • Attend as many clinics as financially possible
  • Marshal at the racetrack for MSBOA and SD as needed...maybe one day at Cumberland with Shel??
  • Go team penning and/or try cowboy mounted shooting (I am being serious!! LOL!)
  • Continue to work on the connection to the bit at the canter, the stretchy trot, and begin to ask for increased collection/impulsion
  • Score consistently in the 60's at Training level
  • Strengthen my core (This is obviously a goal for me, but I will be achieving it when riding Dreamy, so here it is.)
  • Have fun at WEG
Reva
  • Keep her healthy, happy, and sound
  • Continue the excellent under saddle work started last July-Oct
  • Work on balance while walking and trotting, reaching for the bit, and bending ribcage
  • Continue to work on in-hand cues (for showing in 2011)
  • Introduce canter in late summer/early fall (maybe)
  • Attend at least one clinic
  • Attend at least one SMDA schooling show, not to show, but to "school on the grounds"
  • Take her to a few lessons at Judy's, mostly just to get her off the farm
  • Be ready to compete in Intro level dressage and walk/trot hunter classes in 2011

4 comments:

LiveToFly said...

Those seem like great and achievable goals!

"Go team penning and/or try cowboy mounted shooting (I am being serious!! LOL!)"

I was excited to see this one! I plan on doing some team penning and ranch sorting this year with either Emmy or Johnny...I watch it all the time at a farm around here and it looks like so much fun! Good luck with your goals! Maybe we'll see you at Nationals?

STB Eventer said...

Thanks! I thought so too.

I *HOPE* you can come to Nationals! That would be great fun to meet you!!!!!! :) And Johnny too of course!

OnTheBit said...

Those are wonderful goals! I am surprised at how little jumping is involved in them though. Where did my eventer go?!?!?! I think scoring in the 60%s sounds like a wonderful goal and I cannot wait to read all about your time at the WEGs!! 2010 is going to be a wonderful year for you! Oh, and I love that you put goals in for all 3 of your girls...that really brought a smile to my face!

STB Eventer said...

Aw, the eventer is still here OTB! LOL! Dreamy is 19 this year, so like last year, I just try to keep the jumping to a minimum. I believe a horse only has so many jumps in them....and being older, I just want to keep her as sound as she has always been. Our limit is 2'3" and I jumped her 4 or less times a month last year, which included shows. And to be honest, there are no real goals around jumping......well, I should probably put one down about improving MY position, but Dreamy has become a very brave and thinking mare over fences. :)

And of course all three girls get goals! LOL! ;-D