Saturday, August 13, 2011

UNH Dressage - June 26, 2011

Dreamy and I competed at the University of New Hampshire USDF bacDressage Show at the end of June.  I love showing there and have written about it here and here back in 2010.  I also showed there in 2009, but I am sure my readers can find those back posts if they want to read them.  ;-)

I only showed Sunday instead of both days and was supposed to ride Training 3 and First 1.  When I looked at the times online, somehow I had been signed up for First 1 and FIRST 3!  AHHHH!  There was a wait list for Training 3 so I could not just be switched out.  I decided to ride, which I knew was stupid, since we are NOT ready for First 3 just yet.  In hindsight, I wish I had scratched, but I was trying to be tough and brave.  We had to ride First 3 before First 1, which made me nervous.  It was a bit of a disaster, with the canter loops through X pretty much non existent!  :-(  I was tense, Dreamy was tense, I messed up a movement and earned a two point error, and I dropped my whip.  Yeah, definitely not my finest moment.  But we got through it with a very low score and an 18th out of 20 something riders in the class.  :-p

I was much happier with our First 1 ride, earning two 8s and three 7s.  We ended up with a 58.276% which I was happy with as it was our first time riding First level at a rated USDF show.  I cannot remember what I placed, and it is not written on the test for some reason, but I know it was a huge class and they only pin to six.  It did not matter, since Dreamy tried her heart out for me.  I went home with the knowledge that I need to write VERY CLEARLY and LEGIBLY on my entry forms from now on!!!!

I am not crazy about the UNH photographer, but here are the proofs from the show.  I do like her free walk photo (IMG_3106), which is the free walk we have gotten all 8s on this year! 

1 comment:

  1. That free walk does look spectacular. I have to agree with you though, the shots aren't spectacular. They aren't bad, they just don't have that "wow" sensation.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!