Wednesday, November 16, 2011

NaBloPoMo Day #16

Day #16 - Progress I have made with my horse since I bought her

Reva
Since Reva came into my life back in 2009, she has made a lot of progress.  I taught her to walk, trot, and canter under saddle.  In fact, besides a bareback pony ride by my friend Helene, I am the only person who has ridden her at all.  She has learned how to be a "fancy show horse" (LOL) by going to day and overnight shows here in Maine and the National show in New Jersey.  She has made a huge amount of progress in a short time, and I am super proud of her.  :-)




Dreamy
Obviously, Dreamy is much the same way as Reva.  She had actually never had anyone on her back when I got her years ago.  She has progressed from a completely unbroke 15 year old broodmare into a successful show horse and trusted friend.  Her awards are listed on the right side of my blog...but more importantly she she has become a wonderful ambassador for her breed and one of my "heart horses".  She made me grow as a rider and learn to appreciate the training process.


Sparky
Sparky was "trained" under saddle when I first got her, but she was not properly trained.  She also had trust issues with humans...I had a hard time convincing her to let me brush her and catch her in the pasture/stall.  She was successful in the show ring in many disciplines, jumped around many cross country courses, trotted up center line for me numerous times, and learned a new discipline (carriage driving) at age 18.  She turned into my best friend and the most trusted equine partner that I think I will ever have in my life.  :-)

1 comment:

Thanks for leaving a comment!