Skip to main content

Wentworth Hunter Pace - June 6, 2021

After Margaret and I had such a fun time at the fall hunter pace, we opted to go again this spring! This time, while I rode Rejoice again, Margaret rode her horse Jester and had a friend ride Ladyhawke. All Kennebec Morgans!! Jester and Rejoice have the same dam and Jester and Lady share the same sire. Unfortunately instead of a lovely late spring day, we had one of the first intensely hot and humid days of the year. It was definitely a bummer, but the ride was mostly in the shade of the woods and we had a great time!  most of the fences were 3' coops but we found a small log and this hay to jump haha Until we didn't. 😑 We brought along a third friend who rode Margaret's older mare, Ladyhawke. She's a good rider but hasn't known Ladyhawke for very long and didn't realize how much of a cranky boss mare she could be at times. She kicked Jester right in the front leg just about halfway through the ride, and while the cut itself ended up not being a big deal in the

NaBloPoMo Day #18

Day #18 - My future plans with my horse


Reva
My hope with Reva is to continue her dressage training, with some hunters, western, and saddleseat thrown in to keep her versatile.  Someday we will try eventing once she is less green over fences.  I'm also dying to try sidesaddle someday... ;-)  If I can ever afford it, I want to get a cart and harness for her to become a (pleasure) driving horse; all of my cob-sized driving equipment is WAAY too small for her.  I hope to take her to at least First Level in dressage and maybe Second...  ;-D  Of course, we will move up to 3-gait for hunters/ western/saddleseat when she is ready as well.  Next year I plan to do Introductory A and B with her and aim for Intro C in the fall of 2012.  Of course, it goes without saying that I want to keep her happy and healthy and enjoy fun things such as trail rides, beach rides, and trips to Acadia!


Dreamy
Dreamy has achieved all of the goals I set out to achieve and more!  Her future could be that of lawn ornament and I would be OK with that.  She owes me nothing while I owe her everything.  In the future, I want to do more Beginner Novice events, even if we only do a few next year, since moving up this past fall at the 2-phase went well.  As long as she is sound and happy, I will keep jumping her.  I would do another year of Prix Caprilli but it appears the local dressage association (SMDA) has taken it off their class lists for next year!  D-:  I am super sad about that.  I am not sure I will continue showing in dressage shows, but instead just the eventing.  The BIG plan next year is to try foxhunting, which runs from August to November, with the Wentworth Hunt.  I am planning to attend their final hunt of the year next week as a guest.  YAY!!!!  And of course, keeping her happy and healthy and having fun is top priority.


Sparky
I plan to keep Sparky as healthy and happy as possible as she ages.  She has earned her retirement and pampered lifestyle.  :-)  Next year she will turn 30, and I hope to celebrate many more of her birthdays.  She has kept her weight very well (sometimes too well...LOL) on excellent second crop hay and Triple Crown senior grain.  Each day with her is special and I don't take any of the time for granted.  :-)

Comments

  1. Well done you are Haynets Blog of the Day today - come and have a look:
    http://hay-net.co.uk/member/haynetadmin/blog/947/blog-of-the-day---standardbred-excellence

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!