Sunday, September 2, 2012

DIY Project!

My grandfather gave me an old racing trunk that I decided to fix up this summer.  I think it came out pretty neat; it is not perfect, but it looks pretty!  :-)


Starting point


This is on the underside of the brush box.  I love the history!  This is not my grandfather; he bought the trunk back in the early 70s at a farm auction.
Adding paint...

Original hardware
Ooooh looking better....


I love this color!  It's called "Good Karma".  :-) 

Painted hardware
Finished!  




Back in the barn! 

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous paint job and color choices! What a fun and neat restoration project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great - nice colour choices! How cool to be able to re-use your grandfather's old tack trunk. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very Cool! Our grandfathers were good friends :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!