Friday, January 11, 2013

2012: Looking Back


Overall, I did pretty well with my 2012 goals!  It was a good year in many ways.  I am surprised that I actually met as many goals as I did!  LOL!  The only one that bothers me is not meeting my personal goal of working out and getting more fit.  I know I am not in terrible shape, but I wish I had time to commit to strengthening my core.

Sparky
  • Keep her healthy, happy, and sound - SUCCESS!
Dreamy
  • Keep her healthy, happy, and sound - SUCCESS!
  • Compete in at least one horse trial (or more) at Beginner Novice level - SUCCESS!
  • Go foxhunting!! - HUGE SUCCESS!
  • Hopefully attend a few hunter paces - Did not meet, but that is OK!
  • Attend at least one team penning clinic (May)  - SUCCESS!
  • Marshal at the track when asked - SUCCESS!
  • Ride at Acadia again (July) - SUCCESS!
  • Continue all of our good dressage work, take a few lessons here and there with Judy - SUCCESS!
  • Maybe take a few jumping lessons...???  - Did not meet, but that is OK!
Reva
  • Keep her healthy, happy, and sound - SUCCESS!
  • Continue the excellent under saddle work from late fall 2011 - SUCCESS!
  • Work on bending, transitions, and transitions within gaits - SUCCESS!
  • Work on balance at the canter to be ready for 3-gait (and Intro C/Training 1??)  in 2013 - SUCCESS!
  • Attend at least one clinic - Did not meet.  I was just too busy and there is only so much money...
  • Take at least 2 lessons per month with Judy, preferably more if possible - SUCCESS!  
  • Compete in Intro A and B at SMDA schooling shows and maybe other venues too - SUCCESS! 
  • Compete in MHA shows in 2-gait classes (maybe roadster under saddle as well?) - SUCCESS!
My Personal Goals
  • Strengthen my core and use the Wii to work out - Yeah, this did not happen.  I wish I had put the effort in, but sadly, I did not.
  • Attend Standardbred Nationals with Dreamy or Reva....maybe.  It is being held in September this year!  :-(  That is a very tough time of year for me to go away, since I am back teaching at the high school.  I have already been down there four times to show and I don't feel a HUGE MAJOR NEED to go.  If it works out for me, great!  If not, it is OK too. - Did not attend, but I am happy I did not
  • Go on beach rides with Dreamy/Reva as much as possible! - We went on a few beach rides, but not nearly as many as I would like!  Damn work gets in the way of fun!  LOL!
  • The Standardbred Performance Society needs to be more active.  I am not sure how this might look, but I have some ideas. - Utter failure.  I am way too busy for my own good.  Uggg!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!