Skip to main content

Wentworth Hunter Pace - June 6, 2021

After Margaret and I had such a fun time at the fall hunter pace, we opted to go again this spring! This time, while I rode Rejoice again, Margaret rode her horse Jester and had a friend ride Ladyhawke. All Kennebec Morgans!! Jester and Rejoice have the same dam and Jester and Lady share the same sire. Unfortunately instead of a lovely late spring day, we had one of the first intensely hot and humid days of the year. It was definitely a bummer, but the ride was mostly in the shade of the woods and we had a great time!  most of the fences were 3' coops but we found a small log and this hay to jump haha Until we didn't. 😑 We brought along a third friend who rode Margaret's older mare, Ladyhawke. She's a good rider but hasn't known Ladyhawke for very long and didn't realize how much of a cranky boss mare she could be at times. She kicked Jester right in the front leg just about halfway through the ride, and while the cut itself ended up not being a big deal in the

Beach Ride!

I had a wonderful beach ride on January 6, 2013!  We ride at Pine Point Beach in Scarborough, ME, which is open from October 15 to May 1, as long as you pay for a $2o permit (you can sort of see the permit number on my back in a few of the photos).  I decided to bring Snappy, since she has been to the beach numerous times to train in the winter (harness folks love the good footing to train in the winter months!) and I thought it would be fun to go out and about with her for the first time.  I went with horse friends Tania, her dad Craig, and Molly.  We had a great day!!

Gorgeous photo of Snappy (left) on the beach a few years back, taken by my friend Katie Flaherty and used with her  complete permission!  See more of her work here.

Clearly, Snappy was wild and uncontrollable when we arrived.  ;-)  And I don't know why my saddle pad is so far forward.  Uhhhh, ignore me??  LOL!
We are on the right.  My friend Molly with her horse JP and her dog on the left. 



I was trying to take a photo...had to put my glove in my mouth.  LOL!




 
Same pier from Snappy's jogging photo in the beginning!  :-)
Headed home!  Snappy was absolutely perfect.  She is a brave and levelheaded mare!

Comments

  1. So cool that you and Snappy are getting out and about. I adore that first photograph. Such beautiful lighting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How awesome. I love riding on the beach. Its great fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome!! Beach riding is so much fun.!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a fantastic little mare!
    Also, wouldn't it be challenging to drive a cart on the beach? I'm probably displaying my ignorance here, but wouldn't you sink a little?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I've missed a lot on your blog recently! Snappy is adorable and sounds like a great little mare.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun!! A beach ride in the winter...

    Snappy is great girl!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!