Skip to main content

Wentworth Hunter Pace - June 6, 2021

After Margaret and I had such a fun time at the fall hunter pace, we opted to go again this spring! This time, while I rode Rejoice again, Margaret rode her horse Jester and had a friend ride Ladyhawke. All Kennebec Morgans!! Jester and Rejoice have the same dam and Jester and Lady share the same sire. Unfortunately instead of a lovely late spring day, we had one of the first intensely hot and humid days of the year. It was definitely a bummer, but the ride was mostly in the shade of the woods and we had a great time!  most of the fences were 3' coops but we found a small log and this hay to jump haha Until we didn't. 😑 We brought along a third friend who rode Margaret's older mare, Ladyhawke. She's a good rider but hasn't known Ladyhawke for very long and didn't realize how much of a cranky boss mare she could be at times. She kicked Jester right in the front leg just about halfway through the ride, and while the cut itself ended up not being a big deal in the

How many horses do you have? TOO MANY.

Yup, four mares.  Just too damn many!  LOL!  

*SIGH*  I didn't mean for this to happen.  Honest!  But I couldn't say no to Snappy, who needed a place to call home.  She spent six weeks at a local Standardbred farm, and I was very lucky that it was a great situation for us both.  But despite the fact that the farm is only a five minute drive from my house and the board was very reasonable, I just couldn't do it for the long haul.  Plus, I felt badly about staying any longer; they are not a "boarding" facility and I had originally asked about a 4-6 week stay to figure out what I was going to do...

So, I did what any horse crazy girl would do who has four horses and only three stalls!  I created a REDNECK stall for my older mare Sparky!  LOL!!!  This is where I previously kept my shavings, a few trunks, my wheelbarrow and Vermont hay cart.  She is soooo super good.  I didn't even take down the windchime.  She likes to bump it gently with her head while waiting to go out in the morning.....


NOT IMPRESSED
Who are you?  Meeting for the first time.  Sparky wonders why there is someone else in her stall...
Snappy realizes quite quickly that this establishment is no where NEAR the fancy barn I had her boarded at...
Buuuuuut, there is food.  So life is good..  Fat dirty mare!
 After a two week quarantine, which she was VERY unimpressed about, I gave in and put Snappy with Sparky.  They were doing this within minutes.


FEED US DINNER NOW, HUMAN.
Such a cutie! 
After the ridiculous amount of sn*w last weekend....




You can see all four mares!
Snappy impersonating a Saddlebred....LOL!
Clearly, I am insane.  But I am happy.  :-)  That counts for something, right???

Comments

  1. The wind chime story made me aww out loud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Can you see it hanging in that first pic? It cracks me up. I forgot it was there, but then I didn't bother to take it down. She seriously bumps it gently with her head when she wants my attention. Smart mare.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So Dom recommended this blog, thank you! So happy for you that you got another! Being happy is all that matters! :) I am looking to get into more with my stb horse and board at a farm with all of the pieces for eventing! We just need to work on a few things and get out of the ring... which I plan to do this spring for some xc.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Makes me soooooo happy that you are happy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you have Snappy now! And that you can have 4, however insane it may be, is awesome. :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!