The Liebster blog award is to recognize blogs that have less than 200 followers. The word Liebster is German for beloved and valued. There are rules to this award...
- Thank the person who nominated you and include a link back to their blog.
- List 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions given to you.
- Create 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate.
- Choose 11 bloggers with 200 or fewer followers to nominate and include links to their blogs.
- Go to each blogger's page and let them know you have nominated them!
1. I don't watch TV. Most people think I am strange for this and I don't know why I don't watch it, but truly, I don't miss it.
2. I want to change my career, but I don't know what I want to do. And my job, while the pay is not great, is very safe and dependable. But I am unhappy with it.
3. I could eat chicken for dinner every night and never get sick of it.
4. My only domestic quality is that I live in a house. LOL! But I do all the household chores, except for the small tasks that my nine year old son helps with. *sigh* :-(
5. Poor grammar makes me ridiculously irritated. LOL!
6. I really wish I had flower and vegetable garden(s), but I have a hopeless black thumb!
7. I am slightly addicted to saddle pads. I have waaaaaay too many!!
8. I have an irrational fear of trains and I am not sure why. Not so much passenger trains (we have the Amtrack "Downeaster" here in New England and I have ridden it to Boston many times), but freight trains. *shiver*
9. I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE Google Drive and Sites. Not only do I use it exclusively in my classroom (I am a paperless classroom now! Love it!!), but also in my real life. I don't know what I would do without Google!!
10. I love Stubben tack! After finding my Juventus saddles (I have two dressage in different widths and an AP) that are a perfect fit for me, I cannot imagine riding in anything else! The Juventus is technically a child's saddle with a short flap, which works well for my five foot frame. I now have Stubben leathers, bridles, a bit....
11. Growing up, many of my peers thought I was stuck up. Truth is, I am just shy and quiet around people I don't know. Now, once you get to know me, watch out. I will talk your ear off and try to make you laugh. Just ask my closest girl friends! I am that silly friend who loves to have fun, can be serious if needed, and am extremely loyal. I have always said, if you don't like me, you definitely don't know me.
Questions from Dragon:
1. Get up early to ride or stay up late?
Definitely stay up late! I am not a morning person!!
2. What do you do for a living?
I teach English 12 and AP Literature at a small rural high school.
3. What do you wish you did for a living?
I wish I were married to someone rich so I could stay home, be a full time mother, and ride horses!
4. If you could try any type of riding, what would it be?
Well, I have tried most everything, but I am just starting to get into sidesaddle.
5. What is one thing about your horse you wish you could change?
I love my horses just as they are...but I wish I could make Dreamy about ten years younger!!
6. If you could change your horse's name to anything (registered or barn), what would it be?
Oh, that's a tough one, since I really like my horses' names! I wouldn't change them!
7. Facebook, Tumblr, or Instagram?
Facebook! I don't use Tumblr or Instagram anyway.
8. eBay, Craigslist, or tack shop?
Tack shop! I love to shop online, but eBay makes me annoyed (haha) and I am not really much of a Craigslist person.
9. If you could take on the life of any character in any TV show or movie, who would it be?
10. If you had an unlimited budget, what type of car or truck would you buy?
Hmmm....well I like my truck and I am not really one who is concerned about car/truck types, so I would say I would buy a new fancy trailer! A Sundowner something with a four horse slant and LQs!!
11. If you could move to any part of the world, where would it be?
I would move to a warmer climate (Maine winters are wearing on me, despite having been born and raised here!), perhaps Virginia or New Jersey...or even Florida!
Questions from NB Choice:
1. If you could have any job in the world and money wasn't an option, what would you do?
See #3 above. ;-)
2. What are you most thankful for?
I am most thankful for my health and resilience.
3. Do you like scary movies? If so, what is your favorite?
Nahhhh, I am easily scared!!
4. What was your very first job?
I stocked shelves at a local upscale grocer/deli the summer after my freshman year of high school. I made $4.15/hour and worked fifteen hours a week! Technically my first "job" was at the barn where I took lessons, cleaning stalls and tacking lesson horses in exchange for my own hour lesson on Saturdays.
5. What is the longest road trip you have ever taken?
I flew to California, but the longest trip in a car (truck) was to the World Equestrian Games with my pony in 2010! Craziest and most fun road trip ever!!!!
6. Would you rather mow the lawn or vacuum the house?
Neither?? LOL! No, I'd rather vacuum the house, though I admit I am not domestic. See #4 under Random Facts.
7. How old were you when you first learned to drive?
I was fifteen! The first time I ever drove was in driver's ed! And I rolled through a stop sign! LOL!
8. Do you wish you could have a specific talent?
Hmmmm...I have never really thought about this. I am pretty happy with who I am. I wish I had the ability to communicate better...??? Or sing well. You know, I have a pretty awful singing voice, but I like to sing. ;-)
9. Do you have any siblings?
Yup, I have a younger brother. He is four years younger than me and we finally get along.
10. What is your favorite song?
That's a tough one, because I am a music slut. LOL! But probably "Don't Stop Believing" by Journey. Corny I know, but I love it!
11. Would you rather have a really old laptop or a really old phone?
Neither!! LOL! Hmmmm...probably really old phone, since I use my laptop for my job and I could live without my iPhone5. :-)
Questions for others:
1. Describe your perfect house/farm.
2. Explain the significance of your blog name.
3. Is the glass half empty or half full?
4. If you were given $1000 to spend in ONE store, which store would you choose?
5. Who is your equine mentor? Past or current. Describe.
6. Do you check caller ID before you answer the phone? Do you sometimes let it go to voicemail because you just don't want to talk to someone?
7. What's under your bed?
8. What are your best characteristics? (And I don't necessarily mean physical!)
9. Where did you grow up? How far away are you from your hometown? (You don't have to give your personal address here, a region is fine!! Stay safe online!!!)
10. What are your nicknames and how did you get them/who gave them to you?
11. What is your favorite book? Why?
1. Tania at Tania and Otis - One of my bestest friends in real life!!
2. MyHorseFaith at Change of Pace - A fellow STB blogger friend!
3. Karen at CONTACT
4. Aarene at Haiku Farm - Another fellow STB blogger friend!
5. Katie at Beyond Ribbons
6. Laura at LittleKeebler - A fellow blogger friend, who doesn't have a STB, but I like her anyway. ;-D
7. LiveToFly at Dancing Hooves
8. Val at Memoirs of a Horse Girl
9. PunksKidRock at her blog of the same name
10. Sarah at The Foxhunting Friesian - A fellow fox hunting blogger friend and in real life!
11. Marissa at Tucker the Wunderkind