Skip to main content

Wentworth Hunter Pace - June 6, 2021

After Margaret and I had such a fun time at the fall hunter pace, we opted to go again this spring! This time, while I rode Rejoice again, Margaret rode her horse Jester and had a friend ride Ladyhawke. All Kennebec Morgans!! Jester and Rejoice have the same dam and Jester and Lady share the same sire. Unfortunately instead of a lovely late spring day, we had one of the first intensely hot and humid days of the year. It was definitely a bummer, but the ride was mostly in the shade of the woods and we had a great time!  most of the fences were 3' coops but we found a small log and this hay to jump haha Until we didn't. 😑 We brought along a third friend who rode Margaret's older mare, Ladyhawke. She's a good rider but hasn't known Ladyhawke for very long and didn't realize how much of a cranky boss mare she could be at times. She kicked Jester right in the front leg just about halfway through the ride, and while the cut itself ended up not being a big deal in the

Acadia National Park 2013

For the third year in a row, Dreamy and I traveled to Acadia National Park in Mount Desert Island, ME for a long weekend of riding the gorgeous carriage roads designed by Mr. Rockefeller.  We went up July 11-14 with our friends Shelly, Tania, Lydia, and Tania's dad Craig.  It was Tania and Lydia's first time riding in Acadia, and we were excited to show them around!  It was a wonderful time and I will just sum it up in LOTS of pics!  

Headed out!

That is Dreamy in the foreground.  Otis (the sorrel) rode with his tail caught on the window the entire time.  D'oh!

First ride!  



Not many pics of me, but there we are on the far left!  ;-)








Jordan Pond!  Love this view!














Tania and her dad






The Bubbles!  My favorite pond!

Such cool colors!



Second ride - Sunset ride to the summit of Day Mountain


On the buckle - such a good trail horse!

Trying to get pics behind me...hahaha!

I'm such a dork.
Summit



Our group!


Lydia and I climbed the rock!


Yes, I think we were singing.  HAHA




Hard to get a pic while moving, but I love our headlamps.



Getting dark!!





Gotta love the ears!
Third ride down to Jordan Stream!





Took a non-horsey outing to Bar Harbor for lunch and gift shops!  We stopped at Thunder Hole.
Love my state!! 


Fourth ride!  No one else wanted to take a last sunset ride up Day Mountain, so Dreamy and I went up alone!  I have ridden this trail now five times and feel really comfortable.

Do you see what we saw?????  (Not the equipment...haha)
GORGEOUS!!
Dreamy was so interested!  She was not at all scared!!
The doe was not afraid of us either!  We stood there and watched her for quite a while!  It was completely surreal! 









We reached the summit and stood at the very top!



So gorgeous and awesome I wanted to cry!

Oh hey, our friend is back!  Just in a different spot!  




I took a video this time around.  I will have to post it. 
Headed back down!  What a magical ride!


Last ride!  :-(















And we are back to the stables and ready to head home!  
 I already cannot wait until our 2014 trip!!  :-)

Comments

  1. I wish I was brave enough to even go out on a trail around the farm. I'm always riding by myself so I never get to try. Not fair! My aunt has a house in the park owned by the original family... AND it looks AMAZING and PERFECT. Need to get on that! Looks like a great time!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!