Skip to main content

Wentworth Hunter Pace - June 6, 2021

After Margaret and I had such a fun time at the fall hunter pace, we opted to go again this spring! This time, while I rode Rejoice again, Margaret rode her horse Jester and had a friend ride Ladyhawke. All Kennebec Morgans!! Jester and Rejoice have the same dam and Jester and Lady share the same sire. Unfortunately instead of a lovely late spring day, we had one of the first intensely hot and humid days of the year. It was definitely a bummer, but the ride was mostly in the shade of the woods and we had a great time!  most of the fences were 3' coops but we found a small log and this hay to jump haha Until we didn't. 😑 We brought along a third friend who rode Margaret's older mare, Ladyhawke. She's a good rider but hasn't known Ladyhawke for very long and didn't realize how much of a cranky boss mare she could be at times. She kicked Jester right in the front leg just about halfway through the ride, and while the cut itself ended up not being a big deal in the

State of Maine Dressage Association show - May 22, 2016

I would say Snap Dancer's first ever dressage show was a success!  She was super good!  My goal is always to stay on (the horse) and stay in (the ring)!  And of course, it has to be fun or I'm not going to do it haha.  She warmed up well and I was so happy with our first test of the day (Intro A).  It didn't even matter what the score was or how we placed, I was just so relieved to have given her a good first time trotting down the centerline.  

Just about the time I was to enter for Intro B, they announced the results of Intro A.  I was so happy to hear us announced as first place that I could have cried!  The ribbon was just a bonus to an otherwise lovely day!  I thought the judge was super generous, but heck, I'll take great scores!  :-)

Intro A - 1st place out of three with a 71.563%
Intro B - 2nd place out of six with a 69.063%

Nahhhh, not nervous!
First time trotting down centerline!

After our first ever test!  I was so happy with her!
Photo used with permission.  The photographer asked me to leave her watermark on the pics if I posted them online.  I promise I NEVER steal photos!!

Photo used with permission.  The photographer asked me to leave her watermark on the pics if I posted them online.  I promise I NEVER steal photos!!
Photo used with permission.  The photographer asked me to leave her watermark on the pics if I posted them online.  I promise I NEVER steal photos!!

Our Intro A ribbon!


And this surprise came in the mail a few days later...high point senior rider of the day!  WOW!

Comments