Sunday, June 25, 2017

Handy husbands are nice to have around

Between my husband's cattle and my horses, there seems to always be something to build, improve, or repair around the farm.  The other day I randomly remarked that we ought to have a hitching post of sorts, a place where my husband can yoke his cattle and I can bathe my horses.  He usually ties his cattle to the side of the trailer or the dump trailer, which is fine, and I always just hose off or bathe my horses while holding their leads.  They are both well trained enough to stand and not move (Snappy still isn't fond of water, but she stands fairly still because she knows I expect it).  But an actually hitching post would be nice.

So the first night he digs the holes and cements in the posts.  The second night he notches in the rail across the top and we decide to add the small pressure treated 2x4 since we decided we didn't want his calves to think about going UNDER the railing.  






I will use the middle tie ring with a safety release knot in the lead rope, but my husband fashioned his own cable/snap things for his cattle.  Sometimes cattlemen just don't do the same things as we horse girls would do, and I have just learned to accept that!  😆

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!