Saturday, July 22, 2017

Tack Review: If The Bonnet Fits

After seeing all the fuss about these fly bonnets from If The Bonnet Fits, I decided I had to try a few for showing, one for dressage and one for XC/stadium.  You can do any type of customization and they are a great price point.


These fly bonnets are well made and Sierra is super easy to work with.  I am not a huge bling fan, and seeing as my show browbands are already pretty snazzy, I did not want to overdo it with more bling on the bonnets.   But you can choose crystals and such.

And even more fun, she offers embroidery on the ears, so I had to do my favorite saying:


Overall, I am super happy with these bonnets.  The teal cording that I first asked for was no longer available, so Sierra ordered from a different supplier.  It took a little longer than maybe her regular turn-around time, but she kept me informed and I really wasn't in a huge rush anyway.  I ordered cob sized, as Snappy wears a cob sized bridle and a yearling sized fly mask (no joke), but when I order again, I think I will go with horse size.  At our last event, she shook her head because of a bug right before we went into stadium and the green bonnet half fell off.  :-(  It fits her, but just barely tucks under her crown piece on the sides, so I need more bonnet behind her poll.  My horse has a weird shaped head LOL!

You can see that while there is plenty of bonnet directly under the crown, the sides are too short.



I would highly recommend checking out If The Bonnet Fits if you are looking for a great fly bonnet for riding!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!