Skip to main content

Wentworth Hunter Pace - June 6, 2021

After Margaret and I had such a fun time at the fall hunter pace, we opted to go again this spring! This time, while I rode Rejoice again, Margaret rode her horse Jester and had a friend ride Ladyhawke. All Kennebec Morgans!! Jester and Rejoice have the same dam and Jester and Lady share the same sire. Unfortunately instead of a lovely late spring day, we had one of the first intensely hot and humid days of the year. It was definitely a bummer, but the ride was mostly in the shade of the woods and we had a great time!  most of the fences were 3' coops but we found a small log and this hay to jump haha Until we didn't. 😑 We brought along a third friend who rode Margaret's older mare, Ladyhawke. She's a good rider but hasn't known Ladyhawke for very long and didn't realize how much of a cranky boss mare she could be at times. She kicked Jester right in the front leg just about halfway through the ride, and while the cut itself ended up not being a big deal in the

Product Review: EssentialEryn Saddle Covers

If you are looking for affordable and well made fleece saddle covers, look no further than Essential Eryn!  Not only does Eryn make saddle covers, she also does polo wraps, saddle pads, quarter sheets, and more! 

I purchased two green plaid saddle covers, one for my AP and the other for my dressage saddle.  
She even added a little card and a bag full of peppermints!
I had wanted a Kensington green plaid, but after an exhaustive online search, I couldn't come up with anything.


not to be found
Instead, I reached out to Eryn on Etsy and she also confirmed she could not find that same plaid above.  But she sent me several other options to look at, and I ended up choosing the green/black plaid.

I am glad I did because it is super cute and matches my trailer tack room set up so well!




My AP Stubben saddle cover is getting pretty worn out and the elastic is going.  My dressage saddle has a nice DK fleece cover, but it isn't really big enough for the saddle.


The cover my saddle came with when I purchased it.  There is nothing wrong with it, and it is a pretty color, but there isn't great coverage for keeping it clean.

It has a big cantle!
So when I first opened the new dressage cover, it seemed huge!  BUT that is a good thing because it covers my dressage saddle really well.



Not only does the set up look nice (because we all know I love everything matchy-matchy), but the covers are well made.  That is important to me, because obviously it stinks to buy a pretty custom item and it falls apart.  The elastic is just right, the stitching is excellent, and the black webbing down the middle is sturdy.  Granted, I have them for less than 24 hours, but I can tell they will hold up well and it is not as though I abuse my tack haha.  The only thing that generally goes wrong with a saddle cover in my experience is the elastic will give out.  Because I bought this from a real person who handmade it instead of just from a tack shop, I am willing to bet if the elastic eventually breaks or gets stretched out, I can pay Eryn to replace it. 





Overall, I love the new covers!  Thank you, Eryn!  I will definitely be a repeat customer!

Comments