Skip to main content

Wentworth Hunter Pace - June 6, 2021

After Margaret and I had such a fun time at the fall hunter pace, we opted to go again this spring! This time, while I rode Rejoice again, Margaret rode her horse Jester and had a friend ride Ladyhawke. All Kennebec Morgans!! Jester and Rejoice have the same dam and Jester and Lady share the same sire. Unfortunately instead of a lovely late spring day, we had one of the first intensely hot and humid days of the year. It was definitely a bummer, but the ride was mostly in the shade of the woods and we had a great time!  most of the fences were 3' coops but we found a small log and this hay to jump haha Until we didn't. 😑 We brought along a third friend who rode Margaret's older mare, Ladyhawke. She's a good rider but hasn't known Ladyhawke for very long and didn't realize how much of a cranky boss mare she could be at times. She kicked Jester right in the front leg just about halfway through the ride, and while the cut itself ended up not being a big deal in the

Day 23 - Critique a famous/well known equestrian jumping round of your choosing

Normally, a critique would imply finding fault and being critical.  I don't exactly feel I am one to judge ANYONE'S ride, so instead I am going to compliment!  I am also going to do a dressage test and a jumping round, because I do what I want.  ;-)


You can say what you want about training methods and the Dutch and all that (NOT a fan of rollkur here!), but it cannot be denied that the WEG 2006 freestyle test performed by mare Blu Hors Matiné and rider Andreas Helgstrand was one of the best ever.  That mare is positively dancing!  This is my all time favorite video and it still brings goosebumps no matter how many times I have watched her.




Secondly, I have to go back to Daryl, because she is simply amazing and I want my leg to be as steady as her's someday.  Here she is at GMHA with Rosie, a TB mare she has brought along from a timid horse who quit at tiny crossrails to placing 4th here at Intermediate (in a field of 24!).  Daryl created what you see here and that is amazing (with Denny's help, of course!).  ;-)



Happy Thanksgiving!!  Enjoy your day and eat lots of turkey and pie, as I am planning to!  LOL!

Comments

  1. My absolute favorite dressage video ever. Blu Hors Matiné was the reason I took up riding again after a long break, started taking dressage lessons, and eventually bought my horse. Matiné and Andreas make it look fun don't they?! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is cool! They certainly make it look easy and SUPER fun! It is hard to not admit that that mare is enjoying her work!

      Delete
  2. I love Darryl too! I have to start following her more on social media (usually I just see what Denny shares). Happy thanksgiving :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is amazing! I just love her. And Happy Thanksgiving to you as well!

      Delete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving (a day late)!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!